Monday, July 11, 2011

Insert Witty Title Here

Hello Geeklings,

I suppose that is what I’m going to start calling you guys now. But… im adding some new things to my blog besides my inconsistent writing. So I am doing books and music. Common, I know, but Im pretty indifferent when it comes to both of these and I guess I need to start sharing it with the world. So here goes it. This past week ive been super down on myself and not so in the mood to do anything, except listen to music and color that is. The band Ive been listening to a lot is called He is We. They are absolutely freaking incredible. All acoustic guitar, and usually I don’t like that kind of stuff, but once you hear it, it is truly amazing. They are so original and you can really relate to a lot of stuff they write about. Ill post links at the bottom for some of my favorites by them. Another artist I have really truly fallen in love with is Cameron Mitchell. For those of my fellow gleeks out there, you should all know who he is. But for the rest of the population who doesn’t, let me introduce you. This kid is quite amazing and his voice blows me away every time I here him sing. His music is also quite original but even his covers are incredible. But besides his incredible voice, did I mention how adorable he is? He is the cutest nerd I have ever seen in my life and his voice will make you melt. Below is my playlist for the week and its short and sweet. So books… At the moment I am reading Love, Love, Love by Deborah Reber and Caroline Goode. The two stories in this book are all about finding your first love, something I haven’t quite figured out yet after reading countless romantic comedies. But these stories are short and sweet and will make you smile by the end of the book. I truly enjoyed it and would give it 4/5 stars. So the playlist and links are below. I’ll write more later.

Xoxo
-g

Playlist
  1. Someone Like You-The Summer Set
  2. Say You Like Me-We the Kings
  3. Unusual-Kate Voegele   
  4. Blackout-Breathe Carolina
  5. Caught Up in You-Covered by We The Kings

Links:
He is We- Happily Ever After, (There is also a link to their other songs)
Cameron Mitchell-This is his YouTube page. Check out his cover of Let’s Stay Together (my personal favorite) or for those of you John Mayer or Coldplay fans he’s got stuff by them too that will blow your mind. http://www.youtube.com/user/cameronmitchellmusic#p/u



No comments:

Post a Comment